Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Digital Story TPACK

What is the content you’ll be using in your lesson?

The content that I will teach for my lesson is developing language through viewing media and presenting (Language Arts Standard 1). My students will also write in different forms and genres (Language Arts Standard 8).

What is the pedagogy you’ll be using and why is it a good fit with the content?

My student's will create a poetry interpretation using media devices. My students will choose a poem (the poem I chose was Shel Silverstein's A Bear in There). They will then present that poem through a media device. They will be required to have the writing, pictures, music, and their voice reading the poem. This pedagogy fits great with the content I am teaching. The students are developing their language through reading the poems, writing the poems, and thinking about what the poems mean (they will show the meaning through the pictures they choose or create). They also can choose poems from all different genres, which will help them when it comes time for them to write poems in different genres.

What is the technology you’ll be using and why is it a good fit with the content and pedagogy?

The technology I am going to use is Photostory. This is such a great resource to use in the classroom! It is great for children of all ages. Photostory is the perfect tool to effectively teach the content and use the designated pedagogy. It is great because it allows the students to create their presentations. They can add music, writing, vocal recordings, and pictures. Since I can use this form of pedagogy it enables me to teach the content I specified. The children will be able to develop language through viewing and presenting media. They will also be able to write in different forms and genres. The technology, pedagogy, and content, fit together perfectly.

1 comment:

  1. I love your storyboard. The pictures are cute. Have you considered using all realistic looking pictures? Cause the bear paws picture is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete